Using the Customise button, DJs are able to select and save their preferred settings e.g. Scene FX/drum samples efficiently and directly on the system. The layout features a Rhythm FX section which provides the user with straightforward access to Audio FX and Overdub sequencer. There is also a Single Flow button which provides DJs with the option to immediately add Scene FX to Rhythm FX.The RMX-500 has designated buttons for five Rhythm FX (with five drum samples), five Audio FX and ten Scene FX. There are two large knobs, one for Rhythm FX and one for Scene FX. They are pressure controlled and can be used to modify FX depth and manage the sub-parameters in one smooth move.
The RMX-500 also has the capability of being used as a controller ideal for use with VST/AU/RTAS virtual plug-ins. The in-built soundcard provides the user with top quality sound output direct from the unit. Due to it being so light and compact it means the unit is easily transportable. There are also RCA inputs enabling easy connection to all CDJs in the range and there is the ability to connect an RMX-500 to each CDJ in a set-up.
- Release FX Provides vinyl brake, echo, and back spin effects to eliminate current music playing and leaves the sound effects playing or vice versa
- Rhythm FX Provides ROLL, TRANS, ADD, REV DELAY, and OFFSET audio effects for cutting and reorganizing the music that is playing to produce new rhythms
- Scene FX Provides build up (mod, echo, noise, spiral up, reverb up) and breakdown effects (HPF, LPF, Zip, spiral down, and reverb down)
- Effect Knobs Increase and decrease effect parameters by turning and changes effects by pushing
- Dedicated Headphone Output Allows for monitoring of effect process separate from output to mixer
- Quantize Enables real-time music analysis and synchronization of effects with beat of music
- Auto BPM Automatically Measures and follows the tempo of the music
- USB-MIDI Connection Allows the device to function as an assignable MIDI controller