Fostex HP-A8C 32bit DAC / Headphone Amp, Export model
HP-A8C 32bit DAC Headphone Amplifier
The new HP-A8C is Fostex's flagship 32bit DAC / Headphone Amplifier model and features finely designed Analog and Digital circuitries as well as the epoch-making DSD audio playback function.
Housed in a gorgeous enclosure featuring glass front panel and black side panel, the HP-A8C is set to spark the interest of both high-end headphone users as well as PC audio makers, professionals and enthusiasts.
Partner with the new TH-900, premium headphones for excellent results.
USB Driver for Windows (V.2.03)
Dedicated USB driver software is necessary to install on PC for Windows. Mac OS (10.6.1 or later) works with its own USB driver. Please be sure to uninstall the old driver software before installing this software.
Caution about use of SD cards
- SD card higher than Class 6 is strongly recommended.
- Even SD card higher than Class 6 may cause playback jumps if the card is with slow random access speed.
- SDXC card should not be used. Do not insert a SDXC card to prevent from malfunction.
- File name must be less than 53 characters including the extension.
- A SD card can contain up to 10 folders and a folder can contain 30 files.
Windows and Mac OS Compatibility
We confirmed the compatibility with Windows XP*(SP2 or later) / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and Mac OSX(10.6 or later).
* Not compliant to XP 64bit.
Latest News - Nov 18 2013
Fostex has released the HP-A8C latest firmware V3.00 that supports DSD (2.8MHz) playback on ASIO 2.1(Windows only) and DoP (DSD over PCM Frames) in addition to the original DSD playback method using a SD card via the SD card slot on the rear panel. Also this firmware update newly supports playback of WAV and AIFF files via a SD card.
- High fidelity 32bit D/A converter (Asahi Kasei's AK4399) and all discrete analog circuitry headphone amplifier.
- Complies with USB Audio Class 2.0 up to 32bit / 192kHz (24bit on Windows)
- Asynchronous mode by highly precise TCXO (Temperature Compensated Cristal Oscillator) clock.
- Highly precise level adjustment by an electronic volume designed for audio equipment.
- Large capacity toroidal power transformer.
- Built-in SD (SDHC) card drive for epoch-making DSD file (DSF format) reproduction in addition to the firmware update.
- Selectable between the internal clock and the external clock (except for USB and SD card)
- Built-in up-sampling function of x 2 and x4
- Digital Filter selection between the conventional ""sharp roll-off"" and the ""minimum delay"" developed by Asahi Kasei to eliminate pre-echo.
- Direct Out mode bypassing the volume control circuit.
- Variable headphone amplifier's gain from 0dB to -12dB by 0.5dB step for perfect match with any type of headphones.
- Various inputs including USB, AES/EBU, Coaxial, Optical (x2) and analog RCA.
- A dedicated Remote Controller is supplied.
- Beautiful white Organic LED for the display