Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone with Switchable Omnidirectional/Cardioid Polar Patterns
The KSM141/SL from Shure is a switchable-polar-pattern condenser studio microphone designed for instrument recording and sound reinforcement.
KSM141 / SL จาก Shure เป็นไมโครโฟน Switchable-polar-pattern condenser ออกแบบมาสำหรับการบันทึกเสียงและการเสริมเสียง
The KSM141/SL from Shure is a switchable-polar-pattern condenser studio microphone designed for instrument recording and sound reinforcement. The capsule's pattern is switchable between omnidirectional and cardioid pick up. Omnidirectional offers a more generous pickup area while cardioid offers attenuation of noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone. In addition, the microphone offers a wide 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response making it a flexible solution for a variety of applications. The KSM141/SL's element features a permanently biased transducer design resulting in clean, accurate signal reproduction and frequency response. The transformerless Class-A output circuitry provides a noise-free-output signal path while maintaining high gain levels.
There is a 3-position low-frequency roll-off switch, eliminating low-frequency rumble noise and counteracting proximity effect. The KSM141/SL handles high sound-pressure levels and features a 3-position pad switch providing attenuation at 0, 15, 25 dB. This allows for confident miking of instruments high in transient response such as drums, percussion, and brass. The microphone is also suitable for recording piano, strings, guitar, and woodwinds. The KSM141/SL ships with a case, a microphone clip, and a foam windscreen.
The KSM141/SL features switchable polar patterns. Omnidirectional offers a generous pickup pattern suitable for recording ambiance, vocal groups etc. The cardioid pattern is tighter and provides effective rejection of off-axis signal.
Class-A Transformerless Circuitry
The transformerless, Class-A output circuitry provides a noise free output signal path while maintaining high gain levels.
3-Position Low-Frequency Roll-Off Switch
The KSM141/SL provides flexible low-frequency attenuation, eliminating low-frequency noise and rumble.
3-Position Pad Switch
The 0, 15, and 25 dB Pad switch adds greater SPL-handling allowing the microphone to withstand high audio levels without distortion.
Wide Frequency Response
The microphone offers a wide 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response making it a flexible microphone for a variety of applications.
- A mechanical polar pattern switch for highly consistent cardioid and true omnidirectional polar patterns. Provides flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter to reduce background noise and counteract proximity effect
- Extended frequency response
- Low self-noise
- Exceptional reproduction of low-frequency sounds
- Can withstand high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- High output level
- No crossover distortion
- Uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference