The STX835 Three-Way Dual 15″ Slot-Loaded Speaker from JBL incorporates the performance of a subwoofer-equipped system into a single enclosure. The dual slot-loaded 15″ Vented Gap Cooled woofers deliver thorough low-frequency extension without a sub. The mid-range is covered by JBL’s patented Cone Midrange Compression Driver technology using an 8″ driver. The CMCD design provides very low midrange distortion, increased sensitivity, extended bandwidth and improved phase coherence. The multiband, Progressive Transition waveguide assembly also hosts a 3″ voice coil compression driver.
The waveguide assembly is rotatable for horizontal mounting of the enclosure. The enclosure is constructed of top quality birch/poplar laminate plywood and coated in JBL’s rugged DuraFlex finish. The CNC-machined, 14-gauge steel grille wraps around the sides of the enclosure so there are no protruding lips on the front of the box to create acoustical interference.
The grilles are internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection and give a professional appearance. The enclosure is fitted with twelve M10 suspension points.
- (15 in.) Vented Gap Cooling™ low-frequency driver for extended low-frequency output.
- CMCD™ Cone Midrange Compression Driver™ provides low midrange distortion, increased sensitivity, extended bandwidth and improved phase coherence.
- 60°x 40° coverage.
- Bi-amplified or full-range passive operation.
- Rugged DuraFlex™ coated enclosures sized to be truck pack friendly.
- 14-Gauge steel grille lined with acoustically transparent cloth.